Salads, sides and something sweet! Eat cool all summer long with these light but filling season staples.
- 1 medium red beet, peeled and shredded
- 1 medium golden beet, peeled and shredded
- 2 large carrots, trimmed, peeled and shredded
- 2 green onion stalks, trimmed and chopped
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 inch knob of fresh ginger, peeled
- In a large mixing bowl, combine shredded red beets, golden beets and carrots. Add chopped green onion, golden raisins, walnuts and cilantro.
- In a food processor, combine olive oil, lime juice, fish sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil and ginger. Blend until smooth.
- Add to shredded beets mixture and combine until dry ingredients are evenly coated in dressing.
- Let sit for at least 5 minutes for flavors to marry. Serve cold.