Enjoy the world’s healthiest foods to the fullest with these flavor-packed dishes!
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white miso paste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8–10 fresh sage leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups of assorted mushrooms of choice (cremini, portobello, shiitake, porcini, oyster, etc.)
- Clean mushrooms under running water. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk olive oil, rice vinegar, miso paste, minced garlic, sage, salt and pepper until miso paste has dissolved.
- Using a paper towel, pat mushrooms dry, removing as much moisture as possible.
- Chop mushrooms into 2-by-2 inch pieces.
- Add mushrooms to marinade and let sit for 30 minutes to 2 hours at room temperature.
- In a large sauté pan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms to the pan, forming a single layer. Cook for 7–8 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes, to brown.
- Add browned mushrooms to a shallow dish or serving bowl. Garnish with sage leaves. Serve immediately.