Get your fair share of good cookin’ with this manageable hearty recipe fit for blustery days.
- 2 medium leeks, white stalks only, cleaned, sliced
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cubed
- 1 red onion, diced
- 4 carrots, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon + 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 cup raw almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon white miso paste
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup feta, crumbled
- Heat oven to 375 F. Line 2 large baking sheets with aluminum foil.
- Toss almonds in a small mixing bowl with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Add to one of the baking sheets and roast in oven for 6–8 minutes or until fragrant and the whites of almonds begin to brown. Remove from oven and add to a bowl to cool, reserving the baking sheet.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine leeks, sweet potatoes, red onion, carrots, garlic, 1/4 cup olive oil and salt.
- Add to both baking sheets, forming a single layer.
- While vegetables are roasting, prepare the miso shallot glaze. In the same large mixing bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons olive oil, miso, shallots, rice vinegar, maple syrup and 1/8 teaspoon salt until smooth.
- Once vegetables have been roasted, add to mixing bowl and mix until vegetables are evenly coated in vinaigrette. Add almonds and crumbled feta. Serve warm.