Enjoy the world’s healthiest foods to the fullest with these flavor-packed dishes!
- 1/2 cup dandelion greens, packed
- 1/2 cup arugula, packed
- 1/4 cup basil, packed
- 1/2 cup pine nuts + 1/4 cup, divided
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt + 1/2 teaspoon, divided
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 pound orecchiette pasta
- 3 cups brussels sprouts, shredded
- Cook pasta in salted water according to box instructions. Drain and set aside, reserving 1/4 cup of pasta water.
- In a food processor, combine dandelion greens, arugula, basil, 1/2 cup pine nuts, nutritional yeast, olive oil, garlic and 1 teaspoon salt. Blend until smooth.
- In a large sauté pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat.
- Add 1/4 cup of pine nuts and toast for 1–2 minutes or until nuts start to brown.
- Add shredded brussels sprouts and a pinch of salt. Sauté until brussels sprouts are tender and browned in some areas, about 6–8 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Add cooked pasta, pesto, lemon zest, lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Mix until all ingredients are evenly incorporated. Add a splash of pasta water if pasta is too dry.
- Remove from heat and add to a serving bowl or shallow serving dish. Garnish with basil leaves and pine nuts. Serve warm.