Created by Amber Sullivan | Serves 2-3
Coconut whipped cream:
- 2 cans full fat coconut milk or cream left in the fridge for over 3 hours
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup or choice sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup purple grapes, sliced in half
- 1/4 cup raspberries
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup blackberries
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced in half
- 2 oranges, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/2 lime juice or zest (optional)
- Torn mint leaves
- Other fruit options: kiwi, pineapple, pomegranate seeds, mango, peaches, nectarines, banana
- Place coconut milk or cream in fridge to chill and separate
- Open can and carefully scoop out top portion of coconut cream only, leaving behind watery remains.
- Place portion in bowl with maple syrup or other sweetener and vanilla extract. With a whisk or hand mixer attachment, whisk the cream until it’s thoroughly combined with sweetener and vanilla.
- Continue to whisk until the cream resembles whipped cream (3–7 minutes). Meanwhile, toss fruit into bowl and add torn mint leaves and optional lime zest/juice.
- Serve in bowl alongside coconut whipped cream and enjoy!
Chef Amber Sullivan moved to Los Angeles six years ago and discovered her love for farmers’ market-driven California cuisine. She loves cooking for others, focusing on unique, seasonal ingredients for innovative, healthy, and flavorful dishes. Beyond the restaurant industry, Amber has worked as a private chef, developed menus and recipes as a consultant, taught cooking classes, catered events and promoted food pop-ups out of her home in Silverlake. Visit her on Instagram, @eatbyhand.