- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons oregano, dried
- Salt to taste
- Grated parmesan cheese to top (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Wash sweet potatoes under running water to remove dirt.
- With a sharp knife, remove the corners of the sweet potatoes. Leaving
the skin on, cut sweet potatoes into long ¼-inch strips.
- In a large bowl, soak the cut fries in cold water for at least 30 minutes to remove starch, which promotes crispness.
- Drain water and lay wet fries onto a dry towel. Pat dry fries with another towel, removing as much moisture as possible.
- In a large, dry mixing bowl, toss fries in olive oil.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch, garlic powder and oregano. Add ingredients to the large bowl of fries and toss to combine.
- Drizzle extra olive oil evenly on a baking sheet. Add fries to the baking
sheet, forming a single layer.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Flip fries and bake for another 15 to 20 minutes, or until the fries have browned.
- Sprinkle with salt and parmesan cheese. Let cool for around 5 minutes. Serve immediately.