- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate bar, finely chopped, or chips, 65 percent or above
- 1 tablespoon maca powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- Two 15-ounce cans coconut cream, refrigerated overnight
- 1 cup raspberries
- Cacao nibs, to top (optional)
- Add chocolate to a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 20 second bursts until chocolate is melted.
- Stir in maca powder. Set aside until mixture reaches room temperature.
- Using a stand or handheld mixer, beat egg yolks on medium-high in a medium bowl until yolks turn light yellow in color, about 2–3 minutes.
- Slowly add coconut sugar and vanilla extract, mixing constantly for 1–2 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, heat coconut cream and bring to a simmer.
- Using a stand or a handheld mixer, mix the eggs on medium-high speed and slowly add the coconut cream, 1/2 cup at a time.
- Add in the chocolate mixture and stir until evenly combined, about 1–2 minutes. Add mousse to 4 individual glass cups or small bowls. Cool in refrigerator for at least 3 hours to set.
- Top with fresh raspberries. Top with cacao nibs or vegan whipped cream if desired. Serve cold.