- 1 ½ cups old fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger, fresh or dried (if fresh, add with wet ingredients)
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded carrots, loosely packed
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- Pumpkin seeds to top (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line muffin tin with olive oil or parchment paper.
- In a food processor, blend oats to a flour-like consistency.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oat flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon,
nutmeg, ginger (if using dried) and ground flaxseeds.
- In another bowl, whisk together coconut oil, maple syrup, eggs, vanilla
extract and shredded carrots.
- Add wet ingredients to the large mixing bowl. Whisking until combined. Mix in golden raisins and walnuts.
- Pour batter into the muffin tins. Top each muffin with pumpkin seeds
(if desired) and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.