I am a real pasta girl, and any quick and delicious pasta recipe I can put together is really my perfect meal. I love making this Green Garden Garlic Pasta at least once a week because it is full of protein from the chickpea or lentil noodles, as well as cancer-fighting nutrients from the vegetables, garlic, and turmeric.
What is truly great about this recipe is how highly adaptable it is. You can switch up the vegetables and add what you’re craving that week or what you have left in the fridge. I enjoy making mine extra spicy with garlic for antibacterial purposes. And of course, the more greens the better!
- 1 package chickpea or lentil noodles
- 8 cloves garlic, crushed
- 5 tablespoons olive or avocado oil
- 1 red medium onion, diced
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 cup asparagus, chopped
- 1 cup green beans, chopped
- ½ cup broccoli, chopped
- ½ cup cauliflower, chopped
- ½ cup kale, chiffonade (long thin strips)
- ½ cup spinach, chiffonade
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ½ cup vegetable stock
- ¼ cup basil, chiffonade
- ¼ cup parsley, chiffonade
- chilli flakes or hot peppers, chopped and to taste
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup Brussels sprouts, sliced
- ¼ cup collard greens, chiffonade
- ¼ cup green peas
- ¼ cup dandelion greens, chopped
- ¼ cup rapini, chopped
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese (or vegan cheese)
(Use organic ingredients when possible)
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Place cut tomatoes on a small baking sheet. Top with 2 tablespoons oil, crushed garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Roast tomatoes in the oven for about 15 minutes, or until tomatoes cook and soften.
- While the tomatoes are roasting, in a large pan over low heat, saute the red onion and shallot with 1 tablespoon of olive oil until lightly browned. Add crushed garlic and another tablespoon of olive oil. Let simmer for 1 minute.
- Add broccoli, cauliflower, turmeric, black pepper, and hot peppers. Cook until broccoli and cauliflower are softened. Once soft, add your remaining vegetables, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and stir. Leave stove on low.
- In another medium pot, boil 2 cups of water. Once the water comes to a boil, cook noodles according to package directions. Drain noodles, rinse with water, and add 1 teaspoon oil to the cooked noodles.
- Add roasted tomatoes and their juice to your vegetables.
- Add cooked noodles to vegetables on the stove.
- Garnish with basil, parsley, and cheese.