- 3 1/4 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 leek, greens trimmed and discarded, white and pale green roughly chopped
- 3 cups spinach, roughly chopped
- 3 cups Lacinato kale, roughly chopped
- 2 cups swiss chard (leaves and stems), roughly chopped
- 1 cup fennel leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 cup dill, roughly chopped
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh or 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Phyllo dough: In stand mixer with dough hook, combine the 3 1/4 cups bread flour, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 1/4 cups of water, 1/2 cup olive oil and vinegar. Mix on low until ingredients are well combined, about 2–3 minutes. Knead dough for 3 more minutes on medium until smooth and form a ball around dough hook.
- Transfer dough to oiled mixing bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let sit for 1 hour at room temperature.
- For filling: Heat oven to 350 F. Brush a 9-by-13 inch pan with olive oil, set aside.
- Wash, pat dry and roughly chop all greens and herbs. Add to large mixing bowl.
- In large pot over medium heat, add 1/4 cup olive oil. Add all greens and 1 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until greens wilt, about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Uncover and cook for additional 5 minutes.
- For pie: Divide phyllo dough into 4 pieces. On lightly floured surface, roll out the first dough ball to about 15 inches wide and 12 inches long. Lay onto baking pan and press center down. With pastry brush, brush 2 tablespoons olive oil evenly onto dough. Repeat with the second piece of dough and layer on top.
- Add greens to pan, spread evenly.
- Roll out third piece of dough and lay on top of filling, gently pressing down. Brush 2 tablespoons olive oil onto layer. Repeat with fourth piece of dough on the third sheet.
- Connect draped dough and roll around perimeter of the pan, forming an even rim.
- With sharp knife, cut top into 4 columns and 5 rows to prevent dough cracking.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes or until dough is golden brown. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
NOTE: These greens grow regionally on Greek islands. Swap with collard greens, sorrel, beet greens, arugula or dandelion greens.