- 1 spaghetti squash
- Olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (more to season)
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed butter
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 1/4 cup soft goat cheese
- Juice of 1/2 lemon (about 1 tablespoon)
- Heat oven to 375 F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- With a sharp knife, cut the squash in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the fibrous strands and seeds with a spoon. (Note: Save seeds to roast if desired.)
- Drizzle each half liberally with olive oil and spread evenly. Season with salt.
- Place squash halves on the lined baking sheet, cut-sides down. Roast for 50-60 minutes.
- Let cool for 20 minutes.
- With a fork, scrape flesh and add to a bowl. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over high. Add and melt butter.
- Add sliced garlic. Once garlic begins to brown, reduce heat to medium and add sundried tomatoes and pine nuts. Sauté for 1-2 minutes, or until pine nuts begin to brown.
- Add spaghetti squash, ½ teaspoon salt and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sauté
for 1-2 minutes.
- Add spinach and basil. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Mix in goat cheese until the cheese is fully melted and incorporated. Add lemon juice. Serve immediately.