- 1 medium butternut squash, whole
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces crumbled feta
- Heat oven to 415 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise, then cut each piece in half again, making 4 large chunks.
- Remove the skin with a vegetable peeler or sharp knife.
- Cut the butternut squash into 1-inch cubes and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, rosemary and salt.
- Add butternut squash cubes and toss until squash is evenly coated.
- Pour the mixture onto the lined baking sheet and spread evenly. (NOTE: Keep the mixing bowl for the final step.)
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until squash edges begin to brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Add the roasted squash back into the large mixing bowl. Toss in the crumbled feta and serve.
NOTE: Save the seeds! Clean them off under running water with a strainer to remove the fibrous strands. Roast them in the oven with olive oil, garlic powder and salt. Add to salads or eat them on their own.