- 4 large carrots (preferably tricolored: orange, yellow and purple)
- 2 red beets
- 1 Japanese sweet potato
- 1/2 large red onion
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup Marcona almond
- Heat oven to 375 F. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Clean root vegetables under running water. Pat dry.
- Peel carrots and beets with a vegetable peeler or a sharp knife.
- Cut carrots, beets, sweet potato and onion into 2-inch pieces and add to a large bowl.
- Sprinkle with salt and garlic powder until vegetables are evenly coated.
- Add vegetables to the lined baking sheet and spread evenly to form a single layer.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until vegetables begin to brown on the edges. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Pour vegetables into a large bowl and add goat cheese and almonds. Mix until evenly distributed.