Created by Amber Sullivan | Serves 2
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 1/2 cup almond milk or preferred non-dairy milk
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter or nut butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Sliced banana
- Hemp or flax seeds
- Cacao nibs
- Coconut flakes
- Maple syrup or honey drizzle
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients.
- Pour mixed ingredients into jar. Fasten lid.
- Allow to sit overnight.
- The next morning, add toppings of your choice. Eat right out of the jar or pour into a bowl and enjoy.
The longer the mix sits, the thicker it gets. Feel free to add a splash or two of milk to reach preferred consistency.
Chef Amber Sullivan moved to Los Angeles six years ago and discovered her love for farmers’ market-driven California cuisine. She loves cooking for others, focusing on unique, seasonal ingredients for innovative, healthy, and flavorful dishes. Beyond the restaurant industry, Amber has worked as a private chef, developed menus and recipes as a consultant, taught cooking classes, catered events and promoted food pop-ups out of her home in Silverlake. Visit her on Instagram, @eatbyhand.