- 1/4 cup unsalted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1½ tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 red chili peppers (fresh or dried), chopped (add more depending on your heat preference)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 unripe green mangoes, shredded (they should be fully green and hard to the touch)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced 1/2 cup scallions, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mini dried shrimp
- salt to taste
- Soak the shrimp with water in a small bowl.
- Heat a sauté pan to medium heat. Add peanuts and sesame seeds. Stir for 4 minutes or until they begin to brown. Remove from heat and place in a separate bowl to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cane sugar, fish sauce, sesame oil, lime juice, peppers, and garlic. Set aside.
- Remove the mango skin with a vegetable peeler or sharp knife.
- Shred the mango with a vegetable shredder or grater into thin strands (about 1 to 2 inches long).
- Drain shrimp. In a large mixing bowl, combine shredded green mango, halved tomatoes, peanuts, sesame seeds, shallots, scallions, mint, basil, and shrimp.
- Add the sauce mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until evenly coated.
- Let sit for at least 5 minutes for flavors to marry. Serve cold.